This is an awesome pre game dynamic warmup that hockey players can use to warm up their entire body before a game. This was designed by the legendary player and trainer Gary Roberts. Roberts now trains future legends like Steven Stamkos! If you want to prepare like a pro, this is a good start. If you’re just looking for a few stretches before your men’s league hockey game then just grab a few of the warm-ups / stretches from this list.
- Ankle Hops
- A Skip
- Butt Kicks
- Arm Swings – Across Front
- Arm swings – front to back
- Arm swings – Across front while bending at hip
- Reverse lunge to high knee - 8 Each side
- Lateral Squat – 8 Each side
- Overhead squat – 8 reps
- Hip circles – 8 each side, each direction
- Hip swings side – 8 each side
- Hip swings in front – 8 each side
- Inch worm to push up
- High knees
The pre-game stretches are designed to be done in a small area, so you can do them at home without much space, or with an entire team in the dressing room.